Boat Trailer Towing Tips
Before you hit the highway check out our 7 must know boat trailer towing tips
Do you need to tow a boat trailer in Miami? We have the largest selection of Jet Ski and fishing boat trailers for rent by the day or week- at the best prices in town. Before you hit the road, be sure to review our boat trailer towing tips for a successful ride.
If you’re new hauling a boat, these tips can help get you comfortable with towing a boat trailer on the busy roads of South Florida. If you’re an experienced captain, these tips can help serve as a reminder.
- Hitch size matters: Hitches are rated by class, and depending on how heavy your boat and trailer are, you may need a Class I, II, III, IV or V hitch. Ask you trailer rental professional what hitch size is needed for your vessel.
- Practice your back up: find an empty parking lot and spend time practicing how to back the boat up so you can feel comfortable when at the boat ramp.
- Adjust your mirrors: be sure to adjust your mirrors to compensate for blind spots due to the boat trailer. An attachable side-view mirror can be a big help.
- Take turns extra-wide: avoid hitting curbs and vehicles by taking turns extra-wide.
- Maintain your distance between vehicles: keep at least two-car lengths distance to avoid slamming on the breaks, which could lead to the trailer jackknifing.
- Trailer Sway: IF you notice swaying in the boat trailer, take your foot off the gas to minimize it. If it continues, stop and inspect the trailer.
- Purchase a Sun Pass: the roads in South Florida, especially in Miami, can have heavy traffic around the clock Look to purchase a Sun Pass and use the toll-roads.
For more information on renting a boat trailer in Miami, contact us today at 786-728-9988.Tags: boat trailer towing tips