Pelican Harbor Marina Beautification Project
Boat Ramp Parking Lot Get’s a Much Needed Overhaul
We are excited to announce the Pelican Harbor Boat Ramp and Marina is getting a much-needed overhaul this fall. Located at 1275 NE 79th St., Miami, on Biscayne Bay and the Intracoastal Waterway, Pelican Harbor Marina is near our boat storage facility and offers nearby ocean access to the Haulover Inlet and Government Cut.
The city of Miami-Dade has implemented the “Pelican Harbor Marina Boat Ramp Parking Lot Beautification Project,” valued at $2.6 million, to modernize, upgrade and improve the overall facility. Construction started this September and expected to be completed in the fall of 2019. The boat ramp will remain open during the project with limited parking spaces available.
Beautification Project Highlights:
- Reconfiguring traffic flow to reduce congestion.
- Reconfiguring parking spaces to accommodate 150 trailers and 24 vehicles.
- Replace and resurface asphalt
- Installing new signs
- Installing a new eight-foot-wide pedestrian concrete walkway
- Improving parking lot stormwater drainage
- Installing new landscaping
- Making lighting improvements
- Installing new fire hydrant.
Learn more about the Pelican Harbor Marina Beautification Project, click here.